Need good Fire loadout please?

Discuss powers, weapons, and travel abilities here

Need good Fire loadout please?

Postby Gloom » April 12th, 2011, 3:27 pm

Been having fun with my fire DPS of late, he is almost level 30 and am looking for a little help on the loadout. I don't plan on tanking, just DPS. I use dual wield and am currently totally specced into Ignition with iconics, no points in immolation. Any help would be appreciated, especially looking for some good fire users current loadouts that work for them (im looking at you Superpatriot).
Gloom

Re: Need good Fire loadout please?

Postby NeverMiss » April 12th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Wait you don't have Reignition its on the Immolation 25% percent supercharge that is our best move so far before it got nerfed. I suggest
Fiery Weapon, Absorb Heat, and Reignition is a must
NeverMiss DCUO hybrid
R3PO League
Best Video Ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSNREtboX3s
NeverMiss

Postby Gloom » April 12th, 2011, 3:49 pm

Whoops I mean I am in immolation. That's the tree I have fully specced in, is there ANY reason to go into the other tree (ignition)?
Gloom

Postby NeverMiss » April 12th, 2011, 4:11 pm

On Igintion I will say get Fireburst and Absorb Heat
Firburst is like shotgun to the face
Snuff Out is like Noob Tube with casting time
Mass Detonantion is like Mortar Strike with no Rifle
Absorb Heat is a must if the enemy is burning
NeverMiss DCUO hybrid
R3PO League
Best Video Ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSNREtboX3s
NeverMiss

Postby Superpatriot » April 12th, 2011, 5:50 pm

Avoid the interruptibles if you're going with a more melee style weapon. Good way of getting yourself insta-stunned, but that's just my opinion. For a fire dps, I'd suggest a range oriented weapon if you're going to use interruptibles like Fireburst. Fast AOEs is the way to go for melee.

My loadout is purely for tanking and staying alive. I very rarely dps and that's usually during raids. Backdraft, Enflame, Meteor, Burning Determination, Burnout, and Reignition. This could work just as well for a dps, but their focus is supposed to be dealing damage and my loadout doesn't exactly have the big damage dealers like Snuff Out.

In the end, it's all determined by playstyle.
Superpatriot

Postby Gloom » April 13th, 2011, 1:43 pm

Cool, thanks I will most certainly give those a try. If anything, all this experience just makes me a better player in my mains role (Nature). Having the knowledge of what the enemy has the ability to do is always a good thing.

Man I went into my first pvp match with the new level 30 fire toon, against 3 ice and 1 healer....it was ugly lol I quickly switched to Gloom to get some revenge. :twisted:
Gloom

Postby Bucket » April 14th, 2011, 6:56 pm

Superpatriot wrote:Avoid the interruptibles if you're going with a more melee style weapon. Good way of getting yourself insta-stunned, but that's just my opinion. For a fire dps, I'd suggest a range oriented weapon if you're going to use interruptibles like Fireburst. Fast AOEs is the way to go for melee.

My loadout is purely for tanking and staying alive. I very rarely dps and that's usually during raids. Backdraft, Enflame, Meteor, Burning Determination, Burnout, and Reignition. This could work just as well for a dps, but their focus is supposed to be dealing damage and my loadout doesn't exactly have the big damage dealers like Snuff Out.

In the end, it's all determined by playstyle.

Thats your raid loadout? I've very interested on how it compares to mine.. I prefer wildfire over burnout in PvE. Ill put on Burnout, and BD for PvP though.

Amazon Deflect, Backdraft, Meteor, AbsorbHeat or BD, Reignition, Wildfire.

I dont put anything into Defense or Toughness.. All skill points go into health/might/Rejuv. With Wildfire/Absorb Heat/Backdraft being able to stack. I can boost my health to all sorts of crazyness.

I heard Burnout helps against Wing Armors, and other crowd effects in Bat Cave etc, but I never tested it. I heard BD does the same thing, but it seems like it only works half the time? I dont know, but I have no trouble being the only tank in all the raids with this loadout. I find that holding aggro in this game as a tank is a piece of cake. Whats more important to me for a tank is your survivability.
The Bucket - Fire Tank
Leader of "Battle"
Bucket

Postby Blaq Reign » April 20th, 2011, 8:10 pm

I main tank and I'm the only tank when i raid with Blood Brothers. I use Enflame, Backdraft, Absorb Heat, Neo Venom Boost, Stoke Flames and Reignition. When I pvp, I use Immolation, Flashpoint, Burnout, Enflame, Stoke Flames and Reigntion.

For PVE, the absorb heat and backdraft stack when used on burning enemies which crazy boosts my health. Neo Venom buffes my Defense for boss fights...I use Enflame rather than immolation just cause it saves me a little on power to not have to use immolation AND FlashPoint to set enemies on fire. Also saves a spot on my loadout so I can use NeoVenom boost.

For PVP..I use Enflame AND Immolation because it provides TWO dots rather than just one. I like Stoke Flames alot more than Burning Determination. Some will argue but that is just my opinion. If my SC are there i very rarely lose to anyone other than ice tanks. So i mean it works for me. But like SP said. In the end it is all about what you are most comfortable with. I arena with Hand Blasts but 1v1 with MA.
Blaq Reign

Postby Shalackins » April 22nd, 2011, 12:03 am

i never thought about using enflame and immolation together...why wouldnt you also use flashpoint then blaq so you can extend to a wider area of affected burn victims, especially with liking stoke flames?

i have been contemplating going from immolation to flashpoint combo that i like and switch it and going to enflame all by itself...any other fire dps use this method or neither?
Shalackins

Postby Jimbo » April 22nd, 2011, 12:17 am

Bigred has a good loadout, I've been in dps role for the last week off and on, so I've been using it.

Fireball, absorb heat, fiery weapon, neo-venom boost, reigniton, meteor strike.

I got 400k-600k in each raid with this loadout. I don't really use fireball and absorb heat that much, so you can probably switch those out for something else.
Jimbo

Next

Return to Loadouts